Umar Qamar is an experienced entrepreneur and sales director with a history of working in the apparel and fashion industry. He is the founder of Elo, an 8-figure brand that sells sustainably in the ecommerce space, and one of Pakistan's most successful ecommerce stores.
- Bullet points
- 00:53 – Intro
- 03:33 – The start of the entrepreneurial journey
- 07:13 – Getting into online selling
- 09:18 – What to do with extra stock
- 12:28 – Taking up more inventory
- 15:20 – Getting 2 M visitors a month
- 15:57 – Selling internationally
- 17:10 – Selling in Pakistan vs. in the West
- 21:35 – Advertising: why showing the actual product is key
- 24:27 – How the app came about
- 25:45 – Driving traffic to the app
- 29:39 – Elo’s mission
- 33:15 – Where to find out more
- 33:50 – Rapid fire question round
- 34:35 – What superhero would you be and why?
- 35:32 – What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 39:10 – What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 40:02 – What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 42:52 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 44:52 – What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 46:18 – What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 47:14 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 48:30 – Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 49:26 – What book do you read or gift the most?
- 51:00 – What makes you happiest?