Welcome to the first-ever live version of the Smarter Destiny Podcast. I’m joined by Depesh Mandalia, an experienced internet marketing entrepreneur who recently overcame the deadly coronavirus. Today we discuss the current business situation amid the pandemic, focusing on customer experience and Facebook advertising. Depesh has been on the show already, so if you are interested in learning more about him and internet marketing, you can check out episode 32.
- Bullet points
- 00:37 – Intro
- 01:30 – Overcoming coronavirus
- 06:05 – Ordering COVID-19 home test kit
- 07:35 – Dropshipping and considering customer experience
- 10:23 – The first coronavirus symptoms
- 14:15 – Clients situations amid the pandemic
- 19:50 – Pivoting your business
- 22:20 – What people expect from online retailers
- 24:00 – The most purchased item in the UK right now
- 28:28 – Finding ways to keep the business going
- 30:11 – Keeping your customers informed
- 32:20 – Promoting Facebook groups
- 34:22 – Local business digital marketing
- 36:20 – Incentivize your customers to buy for the future
- 39:00 – Rapid fire question round
- 39:26 – What superhero would you be and why?
- 40:35 – What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 44:37 – What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 48:05 – The number-one strategy for engaging people online
- 52:00 – Handling stressful situations
- 57:10 – What is one mistake you made in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 59:55 – What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:02:15 – What do you look for when hiring?
- 01:05:32 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:06:54 – If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:10:25 – Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 01:12:05 – How would you motivate your lazy 18 year old son?
- 01:14:27 – Do you have days where you have no motivation and how do you turn them around?
- 01:19:50 – What inspired you to be an entrepreneur and what keeps motivating you to push forward?
- 01:22:56 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 01:25:02 – What makes you happiest?
- 01:27:25 – Any asks or requests for the audience?