Frederick Light is the founder and Chief Executive Officer at BodyRock, the famous home workout movement with nearly 3 million fans on Facebook, nearly 1 million on YouTube, over 250 thousand Instagram followers and 1.5 billion videos views. Since its start in 2008, BodyRock has helped hundreds of thousands of people achieve their health and fitness goals remotely. Join us today to find out the struggles behind creating and scaling such a massive brand in today’s episode of Smarter Destiny.
- Bullet points
- 00:50 – Intro
- 02:55 – The start of the entrepreneurial journey
- 05:59 – Starting BodyRock
- 12:36 – Traveling and taking a loan
- 14:54 – The power of intention
- 19:50 – The first milestones
- 24:02 – Building a community outside of YouTube
- 26:50 – The time before influencers
- 29:04 – Getting started with affiliate marketing
- 31:00 – Getting into manufacturing
- 36:50 – The problem with the YouTube algorithm
- 37:45 – Jumping onto Facebook and getting into ecommerce
- 38:42 – Current traffic sources
- 41:50 – Current revenue and why scaling is expensive
- 44:53 – BodyRock Plus
- 49:03 – Where to find out more about BodyRock
- 49:30 – The struggles of being an entrepreneur
- 53:10 – Rapid fire question round
- 53:30 – What superhero would you be and why?
- 57:16 – What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 59:00 – What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 01:00:47 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 01:01:40 – What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 01:02:38 – What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 01:05:33 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 01:07:37 – What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:09:03 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:10:53 – If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:14:50 – What makes you happiest?