Ian Nagy is a copywriter who mastered the art of creating amazing YouTube ads. He is the co-founder of Inceptly, a digital marketing agency that does done-for-you YouTube services for D2C brands and manages over 3 million US dollars a month on ad spend. After needing to do competitive research for their clients, they built VidTao, the free software for tracking top-performing YouTube ads. Today he shares his fascinating life story, from studying oceanography and travelling the world, to leaving it all behind and becoming the person he is today.
- Bullet points
- 00:57 – Intro
- 03:30 – The start of the journey
- 06:50 – Getting into meditation
- 09:20 – Starting nursing school
- 12:05 – Becoming a direct response copywriter
- 21:10 – Working remotely
- 21:50 – Getting a business partner
- 25:20 – What makes a successful physical product ecommerce ad on YouTube
- 33:54 – Facebook ads vs. YouTube ads
- 35:52 – Where should your ad send people to
- 38:21 – The research formula
- 41:24 – Doing a deep-dive survey
- 42:02 – What comes after the research process: testing variables
- 46:06 – Calculating your ad budget
- 48:38 – Why you should aim for a 25% view rate
- 50:23 – Where to find out more
- 51:40 – Rapid fire question round
- 51:58 – What superhero would you be and why?
- 52:20 – What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 53:00 – What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 53:50 – What is one random act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 54:50 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 55:30 – What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 57:21 – What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 58:22 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 58:55 – Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 01:01:26 – What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:03:29 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:04:05 – If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:05:00 – What makes you happiest?
- 01:05:23 – Any asks or requests for the audience?