SHOW NOTES for Daniel Snow – It's all about growing
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:45 – How did you get started? – DS: I got started on the online marketing space at sophomore year of college. “My entire perception of ‘you got to get a job’ was completely blown away when I realized I could make money on the phone”
- 03:40 – What sort of things were you sharing on your twitter account (to start making money) – DS: Fitness and motivation twitter account.
- 04:06 – What happened next? – DS: I believe it took me about a year and a half to have a substantial amount of followers, and so I started building a network of accounts.
- 05:45 – DS “How do you monetize? First I was doing cost per click. So I thought if these companies are able to pay publishers, why don’t I make a website myself and get paid directly from the source. Shortly after that I got into apps, and with my first one I got two and a half million downloads and went to number 20 on the app store. It was a game, Hop hop ninja”.
- 08:12 DS “After having success through that, I realized that other people didn’t know how to monetize their followers, so we founded Caffeine Digital . After the first two weeks, with no employees, we were making about ten thousand dollars a day.” The story behind Caffeine Digital and not becoming a dentist.
- 11:32 – Where did your “faith” come from and what was your system when you weren’t cashing checks? – DS: I set up my goals, first it was getting followers, then it was revenue, etc. Consistency was the key.
- 14:05 – And what happened inside your mind when you didn’t hit your target? – DS: I just had to make my goal per day, and if I didn’t, I had to compensate the next day.
- 19:23 – DS: “What I enjoy the most is growing”
- 20:05 – Talking about growth, what lever under your control is your number one to hit your growth goals? – DS: It changes on a product by product basis. At two of our main products we had people on the payroll who’s full time job was to close deals with influencers.
- 27:57 – What would your golden nugget be to attracting influencers? – DS: For us money talks and your word speaks for itself.
- 32:54 – PART 2
- 33:41 – Are there any unusual things that you eat or drink regularly? – DS: Right now I’m not eating meat except for fish, it makes me feel better, but it’s really hard to keep.
- 35:49 – How do you get into a state of flow? – DS: Music
- 36:35 – What habit or opinion you have that people disagree with? – DS: Working as much as I do.
- 38:40 – If you ran a school and have to teach one non traditional lesson, what would it be? – DS: Don’t succumb to outside pressure on what you should do with your life. “In the world that we live in, everyone is a dreamer, but there are only a few doers. I was willing to be a doer”
- 42:35 – What books had the biggest impact on your life? – DS: One book that really resonated with me was “Shoe dog” by phil knight
- 44:22 – Where do you do or what do you do to get inspired? – DS: I can get inspired at the gym or during my workday, I don’t need to go to a specific place.
- 45:20 – What’s the best advice ever given to you? – DS: “Don’t hire friends” and “Be very careful with the people that you do business with”
- 47:26 – What silly thing should people do more of? – DS: Meet new people and get out of your comfort zone.
- 50:05 – Would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses? – DS: One. It’s always best one than one hundred.
- 50:55 – What makes you happiest? – DS: Progress in any aspect and being with friends and family.
- 51:58 – Request from the audience? – Follow me on Instagram @dapper to get in touch with me or thesnowagency.com. Enjoy the moment.