SHOW NOTES for Jordan Rolband – Consistency is the key
- 2:05 – How did you get started making money? JR – “I hated it, it was like pulling teeth, but what I learned about was selling antique watches….”
- 6:05 – Strategies that you’ve learned selling watches? JR – Hype around the watch. Know your audience. Create the need to have it. “Where I focused my attention was telling the story around the time piece to the individuals based on their personality”
- 8:15 – How did you find out who that person was? JR – “ebay taught me a lot about that. I learned to diagnose the type of customer based on their questions on the platform”
- 9:55 – Where did you go after the watch business? JR – Anecdote about moving to Miami. A finance business. Mortgages, insurance, etc. I learned that I was very interested in marketing. I was good at transitioning business the internet.
- 13:39 – “I was dating new a girl at the time that today is my wife and she gave me an ultimatum, I had to come back to New Jersey or we were finished as a couple.”
- 14:41 – “And then I discovered affiliate marketing and that totally changed the game for me as a person and for us as a company”
- 17:00 – How did you make your product stand out and convince the influencers (afilliates) to sell your product? JR – “At heart I’m a sales guy” “We were the right partner to work with”
- 20:40 – “I was making good money, but it wasn’t satisfying. I was really eager to build something bigger. The company was sold in 2011. I had to learn a few things that you are not taught in school, so I took a job and I saw that there was more to learn that what I thought. I understood that I needed a partner. I met him at the company. We discovered that the best way to grow was to build a business together”
- 25:25 – Is that the business you currently run? – JR Yes. We started as an affiliate boutique network type of business. We reinvested everything we made into the business. The story about how they became a business that didn’t rely on any third parties.
- 28:40 How was moving to different areas when the business grew? – JR We became experts at international banking.
- 36:05 How much you spend on media? – JR 4 to 6 hundred thousand a day. It depends on the site.
- 39:30 Tell us about the fist 30 minutes of your day.
- 45:13 – How do you get into the state of flow? JR – “Everything for me is about routine, so consistency is the key.”
- 47:30 – What habbit or opinion you have that people disagrees with. JR – I avoid conversations about religion or politics
- 48:30 – What non traditional lesson would you give at school. JR – “don’t listen to what they told you, think different, ask lost of questions”
- 50:25 – Books that affected your life. JR – Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
- 51:30 – If I gave you USD 5000, how would oyu double it in 24hs? JR – “Invest it in my business.”
- 51:58 – Best advice ever given to you. JR – “Always be true to yourself”
- 54:00 – How would you convince someone to do something good, that they didn’t want to do. JR – “By doing it myself”
- 55:25 – Would you rather fight one horse size duck or a thounsand duck size horses? JR – “I would fight the one on one”
- 56:05 – What makes you the happiest. JR – Family.
- 57:50 – Are you creative naaturally or is there anything you do to get on that creative path? JR. – Studying has really helped me becoming much more crative.
- 59:00 – Any requests for the audience? – JR “What makes me happy is to provide and give directions to others in the path of marketing or e-commerce, so it would be great if you reached me, specially at facebook.”