Lucy Bloomfield is an expert in ecommerce growth who built her own skincare company from 0 to 10,000 customers in just 18 months. She is currently the CEO and founder of 10,000 Customers, where she works with ecommerce businesses to get them to that 10,000 customer level and beyond, and help them to overcome the challenges that come after that 7-figure revenue level.
- Bullet points
- 00:25 – Intro
- 02:25 – The start as an entrepreneur
- 03:55 – Starting a skin care company
- 04:25 – The first lesson: choosing the name for the company
- 04:45 – The second lesson: choosing a business partner
- 05:55 – The biggest problem clients have: making too much money
- 08:21 – Teaching women and men how to build successful product companies
- 10:24 – The leverage problem
- 16:00 – The volume problem
- 17:33 – The most common problems in ecommerce businesses and how to fix them
- 26:0 – Do you have a leverage problem?
- 28:20 – Tips on fulfillment
- 28:55 – Tips on cashflow
- 29:41 – Tips on admin and marketing
- 31:43 – What roles you shouldn’t outsource
- 35:15 – Where to find out more
- 36:00 – Rapid fire question round
- 36:42 – If you ever had to start again, how would you make your money?
- 37:50 – What is the most common or biggest mistake that you see leaders making?
- 38:41 – Who is the best leader ever (alive or dead) and why?
- 40:17 – How do you hire top talent?
- 45:49 – What is one of your proudest moments?
- 47:27 – What is one interesting fact about you that not many people would know?
- 48:39 – What daily routines do you have (morning or evening) that have helped make you successful?
- 52:34 – What book (or books) changed your mindset or life?
- 54:37 – What is the most exciting question you spend your time thinking about?
- 58:59 – What advice would you give your younger self?
- 01:00:01 – What was your biggest challenge starting in business and how did you overcome it?
- 01:02:02 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 01:04:24 – What makes you happiest?
- 01:05:26 – Any asks or requests for the audience?