Ron Robinson is the founder and CEO of BeautyStat Cosmetics. After 20 years of experience in the business developing big beauty brands, Ron founded his own brand – BeautyStat – 18 months ago and is seeing amazing growth. Everybody loves their hero product so much, that it has been named one of the best brands by massive magazines, like Cosmopolitan and Vogue. Join us today as we discuss the secret to getting picked up by magazines, the correct way to talk to the press and growing rapidly.
- Bullet points
- 00:41 – Intro
- 02:30 – The start as an entrepreneur
- 04:12 – Overcoming self-doubt
- 06:08 – Having a large audience on social media
- 06:58 – Monetization
- 07:52 – Launching the first beauty product
- 10:16 – Where most customers learnt about the brand at first
- 11:59 – Finding, negotiating and working with influencers
- 13:46 – The secret to getting picked up by magazines
- 16:20 – The correct way to talk to the press
- 19:03 – Choosing who to talk to
- 20:20 – What’s next
- 21:57 – Rapid fire question round
- 22:15 – If you ever had to start again, how would you make your money?
- 22:32 – What is the most common or biggest mistake that you see leaders making?
- 23:19 – Who is the best leader ever (alive or dead) and why?
- 23:51 – How do you hire top talent?
- 24:34 – How do you evaluate a good business deal?
- 26:40 – How do you identify a good business partner?
- 27:48 – What is one of your proudest moments?
- 29:09 – What is one interesting fact about you that not many people would know?
- 31:54 – Sleep hacks
- 34:34 – What daily routines do you have (morning or evening) that have helped make you successful?
- 35:05 – What book (or books) changed your mindset or life?
- 36:17 – What is the most exciting question you spend your time thinking about?
- 37:00 – What advice would you give your younger self?
- 39:02 – What was your biggest challenge starting in business and how did you overcome it?
- 40:34 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 41:42 – What makes you happiest?
- 43:13 – Any asks or requests for the audience?
- 45:06 – Giving back and how to get in touch