Show notes: Justin Christianson
- 00:15 – Presentation Justin Christianson and how we met
- 02:35 – How did you become an entrepreneur? – JC: I was an electrician in my twenties but I got tired of working so hard, that long everyday. So I started selling cell phones, it started there.
- 07:35 – “Failing miserably at a bunch of things and getting used to being an entrepreneur”
- 11:32 – Is there any vivid memory about a very hard moment on the business path? – JC Selling cell phones I got my ass chewed from everybody because I was trying to grow my business and I knocked on the wrong door.
- 13:20 – What was the catalyst that got you into lead generation? – JC: “It was wild west before the first Google slap”
- 17:50 – What set you up and how do you choose your opportunities now? – JC: “I have a fairly high risk tolerance. If someone is spending money on it, chances are that the need is there”
- 21:21 – What are your strongest personality trades with your business partner?
- 23:40 – Back to the story with the Wild West and lead generation
- 25:23 – What product were you selling? – JC: Info
- 28:25 – JC: I essentially built “Optimizely” before it was a thing
- 30:20 – The beginning of “Conversion Fanatics”
- 33:11 – What does “Conversion Fanatics” do? – JC: Basically we make marketing more effective through testing.
- 37:35 – How big a deal is this for the customer, revenue wise?
- 42:25 – Quick fire questions
- Any unusual things you eat or drink regularly?
- How do you get yourself into a state of flow?
- What opinion or habit you have that other people tend to disagree with?
- If you ran a school what non traditional lesson would you teach?
- What book affected you the most?
- Any advice for your previous boss?
- Advice for entrepreneurs that are parents?
- Best advice ever given to you?
- Would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses?
- What makes you happy?
- Any asks or requests for the audience?