Gerald Soh is an author, speaker, internet marketing coach and full-time dad. He helps students generate millions of dollars in online sales, and has mentored more than a thousand from all over the world. Join us today as he shares his journey to becoming a successful entrepreneur, plus some great tips on how to achieve a great work / life balance.
- Bullet points
- 00:30 – Intro
- 03:00 – The first jobs after college
- 07:16 – Getting motivated and finding a plan B
- 10:44 – Making the first dollar online
- 12:29 – Trying out different things
- 15:49 – Selling affiliate products
- 17:50 – The beginning of creating courses: doing ‘launch checking’ with SEO
- 18:45 – What is launch checking
- 20:35 – Starting coaching programs and Shopify in 2015
- 21:54 – The first big lunch
- 22:33 – Winning the first WarriorPlus Award for Vendor of the Year
- 23:03 – Shopify
- 24:46 – Opening the first group coaching for Shopify
- 26:20 – The different ecommerce drop shipping businesses
- 28:00 – The next big project
- 31:00 – The first Malaysian masterminds
- 41:45 – Rapid fire question round
- 42;29 – Any unusual drinking or eating habits?
- 44:15 – Any advice for entrepreneurs that are also parents?
- 49:23 – How do you get into a state of flow?
- 52:41 – What habit or opinion do you have that people tend to disagree with?
- 55:00 – What books had the biggest impact on your life?
- 56:43 – What’s the best advice ever given to you?
- 59:51 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 62:57 – How would you convince someone to do something that is good for them, but that they don’t want to do?
- 66:42 – Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or one hundred-duck sized horses?
- 69:10 – What makes you happiest?
- 70:26 – Any asks or requests for the audience? Subscribe to Smarter Destiny and go to www.geraldsoh.com for any advice you need