John Lee Dumas is the founder and host of Entrepreneurs On Fire, an award-winning podcast with over a 100 M listens and over 3000 guests to date. Today JLD tells us about his story, the incredible growth of his podcast and his new book, The Common Path to Uncommon Success.
- Bullet points
- 00:50 – Intro
- 01:52 – The start as an entrepreneur
- 03:20 – Starting the daily podcast
- 05:45 – Growing the podcast
- 07:54 – Choosing the right equipment
- 10:25 – Starting the revenue reports
- 12:32 – Finding a way to start making money
- 13:40 – Getting into writing
- 16:28 – Where to find The Common Path to Uncommon Success
- 19:57 – The best piece of advice
- 20:30 – Rapid fire question round
- 21:10 – If you ever had to start again, how would you make your money?
- 21:21 – What is the most common or biggest mistake that you see leaders making?
- 21:32 – Who is the best leader ever (alive or dead) and why?
- 21:55 – How do you hire top talent?
- 22:05 – How do you evaluate a good business deal?
- 22:52 – How do you identify a good business partner?
- 23:23 – What is one of your proudest moments?
- 23:35 – What is one interesting fact about you that not many people would know?
- 23:54 – What daily routines do you have (morning or evening) that have helped make you successful?
- 24:10 – What book (or books) changed your mindset or life?
- 24:39 – What is the most exciting question you spend your time thinking about?
- 25:01 – What advice would you give your younger self?
- 25:20 – What was your biggest challenge starting in business and how did you overcome it?
- 25:33 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 25:44 – What makes you happiest?