Alex Brown is an ecommerce entrepreneur, crowdfunder, speaker and active consultant with countless success stories under his belt. After building The Beard Club to $10M in its first year, his passion for startups and helping companies grow led him to share his knowledge through advisory work and on multiple stages all around the world.
- Bullet points
- 00:30 – Intro
- 04:30 – The start of the entrepreneurial journey
- 08:00 – The college experience
- 10:20 – Meeting a business partner
- 11:20 – Raising money on crowdfunding
- 16:20 – How to have a successful campaign
- 20:05 – What to do before launching
- 22:35 – The most important drivers behind pre-launch in today’s age
- 24:30 – The Dollar Beard Club
- 28:22 – Getting funding and cash flow
- 31:50 – Selling in the USA, Canada and globally
- 35:00 – Focus on encouraging consumption
- 34:50 – Don’t overcomplicate things
- 40:00 – Subscriptions aren’t always the best strategy
- 41:23 – The importance of social and environmental consciousness in brands
- 44:30 – You don’t have to be perfect
- 51:18 – Stepping back from the day-to-day operation
- 57:52 – The Mastermind event
- 01:01:16 – Rapid fire question round
- 01:01:18 – Any unusual drinking or eating habits?
- 01:05:07 – How do you get into a state of flow?
- 01:06:37 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:07:24 – What habit or opinion do you have that people tend to disagree with?
- 01:09:45 – What non-traditional lesson would you teach at school?
- 01:12:29 – What books had the biggest impact on your life?
- 01:14:07 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 01:15:05 – What’s the best advice ever given to you?
- 01:16:17 – Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or one hundred-duck sized horses?
- 01:17:22 – How would you convince someone to do something that is good for them, but that they don’t want to do?
- 01:19:13 – What makes you happiest?
- 01:22:00 – Any asks or requests for the audience?