Moiz Ali is a Harvard lawyer turned entrepreneur, investor and speaker. After selling his first business, a flash sales site for spirits called Caskers, Moiz founded Native. The company specializes in creating high-quality natural care products, and it’s the fastest growing CPG company in the United States, with over 1 million customers nationwide. The company was acquired for $100 Million in November 2017. Today Moiz is an active investor in over 100 startups, and a speaker on stages across the world.
- Bullet points
- 00:30 – Intro
- 02:30 – Working as a lawyer
- 05:05 – Quitting the perfect job and starting an online business: Caskers
- 09:40 – Getting free press
- 13:25 – The first profits
- 15:15 – Selling the company
- 17:30 – The next steps
- 20:30 – Starting a new business: Native
- 22:10 – Becoming an expert in natural care
- 25:30 – Finding the right manufacturer
- 31:00 – Focusing on product quality
- 34:30 – Advertising and taking advantage of trends
- 39:45 – Starting to sell internationally
- 41:40 – The Procter & Gamble acquisition
- 52:20 – Rapid fire question round
- 52:50 – Any unusual drinking or eating habits?
- 53:55 – How do you get into a state of flow?
- 56:03 – What habit or opinion do you have that people tend to disagree with?
- 57:43 – What non-traditional lesson would you teach at school?
- 58:20 – What books had the biggest impact on your life?
- 01:00:33 – Any advice for your previous boss or bosses?
- 01:03:20 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 01:04:25 – How would you double USD 5K in 24h?
- 01:04:55 – What’s the best advice ever given to you?
- 01:06:20 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:06:54 – Would you rather fight one horse-sized duck or one hundred-duck sized horses?
- 01:07:31 – How would you convince someone to do something that is good for them, but that they don’t want to do?
- 01:08:10 – What makes you happiest?