Robert Drake is an unexpected story teller who is extremely good at making compelling videos that get watches. He has worked with clients such as Visa, Microsoft and Sprite, capturing on film the true spirit of each brand.
Show notes Robert Drake
- 00:00 – Introduction Robert Drake
- 03:45 – When was the starting point in time for this path you are now on?
- 05:05 – How was your transition from that time on?
- 05:55 – What was you first job like?
- 09:10 – When you write a sample, how do you present it?
- 11:35 – Were you thinking, at that point, that you’d be employed by a company to write?
- 13:00 – How did you manage to get into that first job?
- 15:05 – What does it take to write for a travel documentary?
- 19:50 – Could you give us an example of one of those short films you made for the brands?
- 22:30 – Did you feel at the time that you had found a path?
- 23:35 – How did you evolve to the next step of your journey?
- 29:00 – Could you please tell us about the video of the car in two wheels?
- 38:50 – What would you say about the art of storytelling?
- 41:55 – Is there a specific structure necessary to make a successful story?
- 47:30 – What was your favourite production and why?
- 55:50 – What would be an estimate budget for this kind of production?
- 59:30 – RAPID FIRE QUESTIONS ROUND
- 59:32 – Any unusual drinking or eating habits?
- 01:01:25 – How do you get into a state of flow?
- 01:03:15 – What habit or opinion you have that people tend to disagree with?
- 01:06:07 – What nontraditional lesson would you teach at school?
- 01:06:42 – What books had the biggest impact on your life?
- 01:08:35 – What do the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 01:10:03 – Any advice for your previous boss or bosses?
- 01:11:45 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 01:14:15 – How would you double GBP 5K in 24h?
- 01:15:20 – What’s the best advice ever given to you?
- 01:18:53 – What silly thing people should do more of?
- 01:20:23 – Would you rather fight one horse sized duck or one hundred duck sized horses?
- 01:23:50 – How would you convince someone to do something that is good for them, but don’t want to do it?
- 01:24:43 – What makes you happiest?
- 01:12:50 – What would you ask from the audience?