Tom Merrick is a CHEK Exercise Coach and CHEK Holistic Lifestyle Coach with over 5 years of experience training which has consisted of everything from endurance and cardio to bodybuilding and powerlifting. Tom is passionate about the bodyweight movement and has over 470 K subscribers on YouTube, where he teaches how to be more flexible. Tom’s purpose is to provide guidance and a starting point for you to achieve your goals, whether you’re just starting out or working on advanced skills.
- Bullet points
- 01:00 – Intro
- 02:30 – The beginning of the journey
- 04:40 – What would be a good return in YouTube
- 06:35 – The years after university
- 09:45 – Starting a YouTube channel
- 12:10 – Having online clients
- 14:20 – The Dunning–Kruger effect
- 15:30- Assuming vs Reality
- 18:10 – Achieving massive growth on YouTube: why content is king
- 20:15 – Choosing how you want to come across
- 23:50 – Beat to the point
- 25:01 – Why retention is the only metric you should be paying attention to
- 26:45 – What kind of content is resonating right now
- 29:17 – Why should people stretch
- 32:40 – The benefits of getting cold
- 33:47 – Unwinding properly: the importance of light
- 37:03 – The benefits of red light therapy
- 41:02 – Where to find out more
- 42:52 – How important is the YouTube description
- 45:42 – Rapid fire question round
- 45:57 – What superhero would you be and why?
- 47:07 – What is one thing that people incorrectly assume about you?
- 48:23 – What is the most pointless subject taught at schools and what would you replace it with?
- 49:46 – What is one amazing act of kindness you either witnessed or done yourself?
- 52:07 – What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 55:01 – What is one mistake in your life and what did you learn from it?
- 56:25 – What does the first 30 minutes of your day look like and when does it start?
- 59:23 – What do you do or where do you go to get inspired?
- 59:54 – Who do you idolize above everyone else and why?
- 01:03:35 – What book do you read or gift the most?
- 01:06:19 – What silly thing should people do more of?
- 01:07:25 – If you could change one world problem with one wish, what would it be?
- 01:08:35 – Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
- 01:09:21 – Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
- 01:10:25 – What makes you happiest?
- 01:11:30 – Any asks or requests for the audience?